Comcast is absolutely thrilled to share the news that Internet Essentials has more than doubled the number of homes eligible for their low-cost internet service. As of today, ALL low-income households may be eligible to receive their $9.95 per month service. The expansion includes seniors and individuals with disabilities. Below is a list of documents accepted as proof of eligibility.
- MEDICAID: card or most recent eligibility letter
- Public housing assistance documentation such as your lease, housing assistance payment contract or eligibility documentation from HUD
- SNAP: letter indicating you are approved for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits
- TANF: eligibility letter for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- SSI: eligibility letter for Supplemental Security Income
- NSLP/Head Start: copy of a letter indicating current participation in the National School Lunch Program or Head Start, with your child’s name, the school name, and the address of where you are requesting service
- LIHEAP: letter confirming your eligibility for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- WIC: eligibility letter for the Women, Infants, and Children program
- VA PENSION: Veterans pension eligibility determination letter from the Veterans Administration
So many of you have been asking about senior eligibility, and we’re so happy to have an option for you. Please go to partner portal to find out more information about the program and additional eligibility requirements. You can also contact Internet Essentials at 1-855-846-8376.