PECO is closely monitoring current weather forecasts and preparing for heavy rain and strong winds today and into tonight. We are currently preparing our crews and employees to respond to any outages that may occur due to this storm.
It is also important for you to take steps to prepare and know how to stay connected with us before any possible weather or outages.
Stay in touch.
If your lights go out, we offer several ways for your to report your outage. Save these links now so they are quickly and easily accessible if you need them.
- Download our PECO mobile app to quickly report an outage from a mobile device. The app will also provide notifications as the outage status is updated.
- Utilize our two-way texting program for reporting an outage and receiving updates. By texting “ADDOUTAGE” to MYPECO (697326), customers can opt in to receiving text message updates, report outages and check the status of their outage through text. To use this service a customer’s mobile number must be registered with their account.
- Report an outage online, including on a smart phone or tablet, by providing the account or phone number.
- Use our interactive outage map to report an outage and for the most up-to-date outage information.
- Call us directly at 1-800-841-4141 to report an outage or natural gas emergency.
- If you smell natural gas or see downed power lines, leave the area immediately and call 1-800-841-4141. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Always stay away from damaged electrical equipment, especially downed power lines and tree limbs that may come into contact with power lines.
- Don’t connect your portable generator directly to your home’s wiring. Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage. Read and adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions for safe operation.